Although we are madly in Love, Valentine’s Day has never been a big celebration in our home. All I need is a homemade dinner and snuggles. Much like other holiday’s on the calendar I personally find them materialized far too much. I don’t need another card; I don’t need anything with a sparkly heart or lace nightgown that doesn’t stay on long enough to enjoy.
How To Say “I love you” Without Spending Money
I believe each day is a day to celebrate the one you love. Each day we should take a moment to say I love you without spending money. A simple touch or gesture can mean more than words!
I challenge you to say “I love you” daily without actually saying it.
Here are 28 ways to say “I love you” this February without actually saying it!
- After your steamy shower, doodle a few words of love on the glass door with a bar of soap.
- Put some lipstick on and kiss the mirror.
- A wink will have the heart pumping.
- Leave random love notes around the house.
- Grab her hand when you’re sitting on the couch watching your favorite show.
- When was the last time you tucked a note in your partner’s lunch?
- A kiss. Seriously, when was the last time you passionately kissed each other?
- Help your partner with his or her to-do list. I know when my hubby jumps into help with dinner, I feel appreciated.
- Draw a bath, light some candles, close the door and keep the kids busy.
- After the kids are in bed, sneak out and bring home a DQ sundae or sushi. Actually just this week hubby knew I was itching for some chip truck fries. He sure made me smile when he walked in the door with some.
- After a long day of work, nothing beats a foot rub.
- Watch her all-time favorite romantic movie.
- Hug every day. A hug seems so simple, yet it will fill both your hearts with love.
- Try sending your partner an unexpected text during lunch hour leaving them wondering “hum.”
- Tell her how beautiful she is or him how handsome he looks. A compliment goes a lot further than you think.
- Light candles, order your favorite take-out once the kids are in bed and enjoy a date night at home.
- Dance in the kitchen. You don’t have to know the right moves. Just grab her hand and spin her around to the beat. I guarantee sparks will fly.
- One of my favorite things to do is play the “remember when game” with my husband. We started this life together, and our history is why we are here today.
- When was the last time you told you, partner, how much you adore them? Or how much they truly mean to you?
- A simple thank you for going to work daily to support your family. It feels great to be appreciated.
- Nothing beats day dreaming with the one you love. Daydream about your next adventure, your upcoming renovation or where you will be in 10 years.
- Pour a couple of glasses of wine and make a toast at dinner.
- Whisper in her ear.
- Cook your partner their all-time favorite meal. No excuses, Google can help you recreate it.
- Look into their eyes. When was the last time you looked deep into the eyes of the one you love?
- I maybe “old school” but I love when my husband opens the door for me.
- Even as a woman I love when someone brushes my hair. Play with her hair; it makes her feel special.
- Most importantly make time for each other. Even if it means marking it on the calendar. Time is the best gift you can give the one you love.
Actions speak louder than words. I Challenge you to make your Valentine’s Day a month-long celebration. Light a spark in your relationship by using all 28 tips to say I love you without spending money. Sparks will fly, and eyes will flicker, by showing your partner daily what they mean to you.
Give my Valentine’s day challenge a try even if you have to print a copy off and place it on his desk.
How do you say “I love you” without words?
Thanks for reading In R Dream!