The dirty truth is your indoor air contains an extensive list of undetectable pollutants. With September being Asthma Peak it’s the perfect time to shed some light on why 20% + of children’ hospital admissions for asthma occur in September.
Although we don’t suffer from Asthma, a few of us suffer from September Allergies. As soon as I hear a lawn mower in our neighborhood, I am closing all my windows. But should they be open in the first place?
Little did I know…Indoor air can up to 5x more polluted than outdoor air. Even when it looks and smells clean?
[bctt tweet=”Just because you cannot see something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. #AsthmaPeak #IndoorAirMatters” via=”no”]
How Clean Is Your Indoor Air?
Here is just a sample of what we cannot see but chances are we both inhaling:
- They say, a cubic meter of indoor air may contain 15,000 flu viruses. (Please note: I am hyperventilating inside right now.)
- A carpet can hold 8 times its weight in dirt, pesticides and other toxins. Therefore they become undetectable airborne pollutants when dry, polluting your indoor air. (And that is exactly why I don’t have carpets.)
- Dust particles on upholstered furniture can contain decomposing insect parts, pet dander, and flakes of skin. All of which are released into your indoor air anytime anyone sits down. (Note to self: Never to buy used furniture with fabric.)
- There is no such thing as a non-allergenic dog or cat. Short-haired or hairless animals contribute dander and allergens to indoor air pollution just as effectively as long-haired animals do. (As much as I miss our pets deeply, I don’t miss the daily vacuuming of pet hairs.)
- Central air systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew, viruses and bacteria. Then distribute throughout your home or office. (Not sure I could live without mine?)
- People exposed to heavy indoor smoke are 2 to 3 times more likely to develop a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (Have you read my recent post on smoking?)
- Odors from felt markers, inks, glues, correction fluid, toner from copiers and other office chemicals can emit vapors at room temperature. Consequently, over time can cause symptoms similar to inhaling formaldehyde. (I assume this would reduce work performance?)
[bctt tweet=”DYK? Germs can live in the air for 3-4 hours & travel more than 10-15 feet. #AsthmaPeak #IndoorAirMatters” via=”no”]
Let’s clean up this dirty talk.
Fellows new AeraMax™ line of air purifiers.
It’s true air purifiers of the past where big, bold and bulky. Today they are sleek, modern and full of cutting-edge technologies that provide maximum protection for your indoor air protecting your breathing.
“The new AeraMax air purifiers are the only such devices in Canada which have been scientifically tested and proven to be Asthma & Allergy Friendly.” Said Robert Oliphant, President & CEO of the Asthma Society of Canada. “Investing in a quality air purifier is an essential tool for reducing allergens in your home, helping to minimize asthma and allergy symptoms.”
Here is how Fellows new AeraMax™ line of air purifiers are keeping your indoor air clean:
- During September Asthma Peak you may consider using the Aera+™ Mode. As a result, during peak allergy conditions it will increase air flow by up to 50%.
- A Four-Stage Purification System, which captures 99.7% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- AeraSafe™ Antimicrobial Treatment that offers built-in protection from the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mildew and fungi on True HEPA filter.
- An AeraSmart™ Senor that monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified. Quickly you can indicate the purity of your air with the blue, amber and red lights.
- A Carbon Filter that removes odors well capturing large airborne particulates.
- Mold spores, pollen, dust mites, most airborne microbes, allergens and cigarette smoke stop in their tracks with the True HEPA Filter. In addition to capturing the tiniest airborne particles.
“Breathing in clean air is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Fellows new AeraMax air purifiers gives me confidence that even micro imperfections in the air are captured and my family’s lungs are protected.”
How clean are your inhales?
Thank you for reading In R Dream!
Although one or more products mentions above we received as samples, as always these are my own opinions.