A few years back I watched a documentary on CBC called “Lights Out” that has drastically changed my thoughts on sleep. I knew sleep was necessary, but I didn’t quite understand the depth of how important.
There are consequences of those sleepless nights, and Harvard Medical research says “The price of insufficient sleep may be poor health. Study after study has revealed that people who sleep poorly are at greater risk for a number of diseases and health problems.”
Those diseases and health problems include but are not limited to; diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, poor judgment, obesity, mood disorders, weak immune system.
Fall Asleep Naturally
Dream Water has launched in Canada and is making waves with their fast acting, non-prescription liquid sleep aid that helps you off to dreamland naturally. Dream Water® has been approved by Health Canada as a safe, efficient and high-quality natural health product.
Dream Water contains Melatonin, 5-HTP, and GABA. Which all contribute to Dream Waters tasty blend of blueberry, citrus and pomegranate blend. This natural sleep aid is a clear formula that features fresh, clean flavors that don’t stick around in your mouth.
- GABA helps you relax and reduce anxiety by blocking the transmission of impulses from one cell to another in the central nervous system.
- Melatonin helps govern the body’s internal clock that regulates your natural cycle of sleeping and waking.
- 5-HTP helps promote sleep and relaxation and improve the quality of sleep by stimulating the production of melatonin.
Since Dream Water is a liquid your body absorbs the sleep aid at a quicker rate, and you will be off in dreamland before you know it. They suggest drinking Dream Water 30 minutes before bed.
“When I used Dream Water before bed it knocked me out in under 15 minutes. Quickly, I felt my body relaxing, and before I knew it I was drifting away to dreamland.”
Pair These 11 Sleep Tips With Dream Water For A Peaceful Sleep
- White noise. If you toss and turn at night, maybe some quiet noise won’t hurt on your bedside table. I use a fan as white noise is all our rooms, it lulls our minds to sleep.
- Avoid alcohol before bed. I know some of you like to enjoy a glass or two of wine after a long day. I think that is great and something you should keep up if you enjoy it, and it doesn’t affect your judgment. Trying having that glass when you get home from work.
- Lights out. Make your room completely black. Duct tape the little lights in your room, add blackout curtains to your windows and close the door. Since we have made our rooms black at night, our whole family has had a more peaceful sleep.
- Limit your nap to 30 minutes and don’t nap too close to bedtime.
- Cold Feet? Put on some socks to warm your feet or place a heating pad under your covers.
- Set an alarm to go to bed. That way you make sure you get the proper amount of sleep your body needs.
- Avoid heavy meals or late night snacking before bed.
- Review your to-do list. Now you may think this is silly, but if you worry like me, reviewing your to-do list before bedtime will help your mind relax knowing, tomorrow is already taken care of.
- Make sure you have the correct mattress/pillow for your sleep style. May I suggest if you’re a back sleeper to try sleeping without a pillow.
- Have a warm bath. Add in some lavender essential oils and Epsom salt; these will help you find a little Zen.
- Cheers! Drink a Dream Water 30 minutes before bed.
Dream Water is generous!
One In R Dream reader will be drifting off to dreamland quickly by winning two 12 pack cases of Sleep Aid from Dream Water.
Dream Water bottles retail for $3.99 and in Canada are available at Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, 7-Eleven and Gateway Newstands.
Thank you for reading In R Dream!
Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.