Making a traditional Chocolate Mole calls for well over 20 different ingredients just for the sauce alone. As much as I love to be in my kitchen cooking away when time allows – but I don’t have time to be making an authentic Mexican Chocolate Mole sauce. I created this quick and easy Chicken Chocolate Mole Recipe to easily be made in the slow cooker for a sweet and spicy dinner when you’re looking for comfort food on a cool day.
Sweet, Spicy, Quick and Easy Chicken Chocolate Mole Recipe
We’ve always tried to introduce our children to a world of foods and it was no surprise that this quick and easy Chicken Mole Recipe got two thumbs up from all our children during dinner time. Join me let’s Stir Things Up using CARNATION Hot Chocolate for more than hot chocolate.
Please note: this recipe makes 6 servings.
What you need:
- 1 cup CARNATION Hot Chocolate: Rich and Creamy
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-star anise
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 can of tomatoes
- 2 or 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (international food – can section)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 frozen boneless chicken breast
- Mince onion and garlic. Sautee on low in a pan drizzled with olive oil.
- Combine the first 13 ingredients together in a high-powered blender. Once the onions and garlic are sautéed add them to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place six frozen boneless chicken breast in a slow cooker and cover completely with the Mole Sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred the meat into the sauce as you would a pulled pork.
- Buon Appetito- enjoy!
- Tip: Add 1/4 cup water to slow cooker if the sauce doesn’t reach the top of the chicken.Side with: I paired my Easy Chicken Chocolate Mole recipe with a corn tortilla, avocado, diced tomato, chili peppers, fresh coriander, and lime juice.
Stir Things Up
- You can easily add spice depending on the taste buds of your family. I like hot flavors so I tend to pull back in the recipe and add hot on my personal plate with extra chili peppers. This quick and easy Easy Chicken Chocolate Mole recipe wasn’t too spicy for the kids – they enjoyed the sweet kick.
Easy Chicken Chocolate Mole Recipe is:
- Sweet and spicy
- Family approved
- Makes your taste buds dance
- Quick Mexican dish
- Slow cooker meal
- Chocolate for dinner – yay!
- Potluck worthy
- Can be the star of dinner in a wrap or over rice and beans.
Did you know? CARNATION Hot Chocolate: Rich and Creamy is Kosher and made with pure cocoa!
How would you Stir Things Up using CARNATION Hot Chocolate powder?
Visit MadeWithNestlé.ca for more recipe ideas. #StirThingsUp
Thank you for reading In R Dream!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored. I was asked to create a recipe using CARNATION Hot Chocolate and Stir Things Up! This recipe, all views and or experiences are always that of my own.