A handful of times a day I tell myself to “Just Breathe” – which most of the time is easier said than done. Life seems to be a never-ending roller coaster. Between work, home, kids, media, we all are full of daily challenges that all cause us great stress.
The more and more I educate myself the more I can see all this stress is killing us. It’s slow, but it’s steadily happening whether you’re aware of it or not. It doesn’t have to be that way, says Radika Vachani and I agree with her.
Radhika Vachani is a leading yoga and holistic wellness expert and founder of Yogacara Healing Arts, one of the top holistic wellness institutions in Mumbai, India and the author of Just Breathe.
Just Breathe: The Most Powerful Tool for Personal Transformation and Happiness
In Just Breathe, Vachani begins with her journey with Iyengar yoga (is a form of Hatha Yoga focused on breath control) that helped her climb out of a pit of anxiety, depression, and illness, into a life of meaning and joy. Isn’t that what we all strive for in life?
Just Breathe takes its readers through an inspiring journey based on the ancient text of the Yoga Sutras, and shows us how to skillfully maneuver through this complicated rollercoaster called ‘Life.’
Just Breathe is centered around one main point: your breath. Through simple, practical techniques, Vachani demonstrates how the breath is by far the most valuable tool in helping you train and discipline your mind into stillness. A restless mind is not only the root cause of all your experiences of pain and pleasure, but it also determines your ability to discover the best version of yourself.
– Just Breathe –
In Just Breathe, Vachani addresses:
- Changing the way we think so we can live life with meaning, discovering our full individual potential
- Becoming more responsive versus reactive
- Handling challenges, stress, and anxiety with grace and equanimity
- Understanding how the mind functions and creates all our experiences of pain and pleasure
- Yoga, the life practice-developing the art of living skillfully, the journey that is well beyond the physical practice of yoga as seen in the Western world
- The highly advanced practice of meditation as the ultimate goal of yoga, and the importance of the pre-meditative practices in this journey
- The path of self-discovery and to uncovering our incredible individual potential
- And much more…
“My hope is that Just Breathe inspires individuals to take full responsibility for their lives, the state of their minds and the enhancement of their life experiences. Every single one of us has access to a vast reservoir of intelligence, creativity, and wisdom that we may never obtain unless we learn how to do it. Just Breathe is precisely about this journey of self-discovery that unfolds through the training of the mind through simple yet integral breathing practices.”
Win Your Own Copy of Just Breathe
One In R Dream reader will win Just Breathe: The Most Powerful Tool for Personal Transformation and Happiness
Contest ends October 11, 2017. Canada only (excluding Quebec)
Why do you want to win a copy of Just Breathe?
Thank you for reading In R Dream!
Disclosure: We were provided with complimentary perks, samples and/or compensation. As always, my opinions in this blog are my own.